Brighthouse Financial, Inc. (“Brighthouse Financial”) is one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the United States through multiple independent distribution channels and marketing arrangements with a diverse network of distribution partners. Until August 4, 2017, Brighthouse Financial was a wholly-owned subsidiary of MetLife, Inc. Additional details regarding the separation from MetLife, Inc., including the tax treatment of separation can be found in Brighthouse Financial's final Information Statement or on MetLife’s Investor Relation’s website.
- What is Brighthouse Financial’s ticker symbol and on what exchange is the common stock traded?
Brighthouse Financial, Inc. common stock is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol "BHF". In addition, the following Brighthouse Financial securities are also traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market:
- Depositary Shares, each representing a 1/1,000th interest in a share of 6.600% Non-Cumulative Preferred Stock, Series A are traded under the symbol “BHFAP”
- 6.250% Junior Subordinated Debentures due 2058 are traded under the symbol “BHFAL”.
- Where can I find historical stock information for MetLife, Inc. prior to the 2017 separation?
- Historical stock information for MetLife, Inc. is found at MetLife Stock Quote.
- Who is Brighthouse Financial’s stock transfer agent?
Computershare Trust Company, N.A. is Brighthouse Financial’s stock transfer agent and registrar. If you are a registered stockholder, you may request transfer instructions, update your address, or obtain a statement of your current holdings by contacting Computershare at (888) 670-4771 or by logging into your online account at Computershare Investor Center.Stockholders whose shares are held through or managed by a stockbroker, bank or other financial institution, should contact such institutions directly for assistance.
- Does Brighthouse Financial pay dividends?
- We do not currently pay dividends on our common stock.
- When is Brighthouse Financial’s Annual Stockholder’s Meeting?
The 2020 Annual Meeting of Stockholders was held on Wednesday, June 10, 2020, at 8:00 a.m., Eastern Time, solely by means of remote communication (a "virtual meeting").
Copies of the Annual Report to Stockholders and Proxy Statement are available here.
- Are the Brighthouse Financial shares I received as a result of the separation from MetLife, Inc. included in my insurance policy?
- No, these shares are not included in your policy.
- Who do I contact if I have questions about my annuity or insurance policy?
- Holders of Brighthouse Financial policies or annuities should call (800) 638-5433 (Monday-Friday, 9:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M. ET).
- Who is Brighthouse Financial’s independent auditor?
- Brighthouse Financial’s independent auditor is Deloitte & Touche LLP.
- When are your quarterly earnings released?
- Our quarterly earnings schedule is found on the News & Events/Calendar section of our Investor Relations website. You may also subscribe to receive Email Alerts here.
- How may I contact Brighthouse Financial’s Investor Relations Department?
Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
Investor Relations Department
11225 North Community House Road
Charlotte, North Carolina 28277
Telephone: (980) 365-7100