Brighthouse Financial, Inc. (“Brighthouse Financial”) is one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the United States through multiple independent distribution channels and marketing arrangements with a diverse network of distribution partners. Until August 4, 2017, Brighthouse Financial was a wholly-owned subsidiary of MetLife, Inc. Additional details regarding the separation from MetLife, Inc., including the tax treatment of separation can be found in Brighthouse Financial's final Information Statement or on MetLife’s Investor Relation’s website.
- What is Brighthouse Financial’s ticker symbol and on what exchange is the common stock traded?
Brighthouse Financial, Inc. common stock is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol "BHF". In addition, the following Brighthouse Financial securities are also traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market:
- Depositary Shares, each representing a 1/1,000th interest in a share of 6.600% Non-Cumulative Preferred Stock, Series A are traded under the symbol “BHFAP”
- 6.250% Junior Subordinated Debentures due 2058 are traded under the symbol “BHFAL”.
- Where can I find historical stock information for MetLife, Inc. prior to the 2017 separation?
- Historical stock information for MetLife, Inc. is found at MetLife Stock Quote.
- Who is Brighthouse Financial’s stock transfer agent?
- Brighthouse Financial does not issue physical stock certificates, but utilizes the Direct Registration System ("DRS"). Shares reflecting your ownership are issued electronically in book-entry form and DRS Advices are mailed to stockholders upon completion of all share transactions. If you are a registered stockholder, you may also obtain a statement of your current holding by contacting Computershare at 1 (888) 670-4771 or by logging into your online account and accessing your DRS account statement at Computershare Investor Center. If you are a stockholder whose account is managed by a stockbroker, bank or financial institution, you should contact those organizations directly for assistance with questions concerning your account.
- Does Brighthouse Financial pay dividends?
- We do not currently pay dividends on our common stock.
- When is Brighthouse Financial’s Annual Stockholder’s Meeting?
- The 2019 Annual Meeting of Stockholders was held on Thursday, June 13, 2019, at 8:00 a.m., Eastern Time, at The Ballantyne Hotel, 10000 Ballantyne Hotel Commons Parkway, Charlotte, North Carolina 28277. Copies of the Annual Report to Stockholders and Proxy Statement are available here.
- Are the Brighthouse Financial shares I received as a result of the separation from MetLife, Inc. included in my insurance policy?
- No, these shares are not included in your policy.
- Who do I contact if I have questions about my annuity or insurance policy?
- Holders of Brighthouse Financial policies or annuities should call (800) 638-5433 (Monday-Friday, 9:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M. ET).
- Who is Brighthouse Financial’s independent auditor?
- Brighthouse Financial’s independent auditor is Deloitte & Touche LLP.
- When are your quarterly earnings released?
- Our quarterly earnings schedule is found on the News & Events/Calendar section of our Investor Relations website. You may also subscribe to receive Email Alerts here.
- How may I contact Brighthouse Financial’s Investor Relations Department?
Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
Investor Relations Department
11225 North Community House Road
Charlotte, North Carolina 28277
Telephone: (980) 365-7100